This is a fantastic introduction to the Jesmonite range of products, this Jesmonite AC100 starter kit contains everything you need to get started.
In your kit you will receive:
- AC100 liquid & base powder
- 3 pigment colours
- 2 coaster moulds
- mixing sticks, gloves and an instruction leaflet
Jesmonite AC100 is a water-based composite material and can be used to make decorative moulded objects. It is therefore safe to use and contains no solvents, or VOC’s.
Jesmonite can also be cast and laminated using our unique Quadaxial Glass.
- Superior cast and glass reinforced mouldings
- Solvent free & no VOC’s
- Fire resistant
- Impact resistant
- Easy to use, adaptable material for all moulding applications.
- Suitable for decorative cast objects, mould cases, wall panels.
- Supplied with a range of ancillary products including glass reinforcements, pigments, fillers, and control chemicals helping to adapt the material to the widest range of applications.
- The ultimate chameleon material. As a result it can replicate virtually any surface, colour, or texture.
Kit sizes range in addition to Jesmonite AC100 Starter Kit from 3.5kg to 3,500kg.
The standard mix ratio for AC100 is as follows.
AC100 Liquids 1 part by weight
Jesmonite Base 2.5 parts by weight
NB. Adjustments can be made to the ratio, allowing for the addition of additives such as stone and metal fillers,sands, lightweight fillers etc.
Please refer to the specific sections of the instructions below. You can also mix the material at a 3:1 ratio to produce a fast set which can be used to fill joints, air
bubbles, or to join castings.
A range of Jesmonite Pigments is available, so allowing Jesmonite AC100 to be made into any colour
required. You can therefore mix the pigments together to create any colour required. Also, colour
matching service is available from Jesmonite on request. You must add the pigments to the AC100
Liquids by weight before the Base is added and you begin mixing. Pigments are added at a
maximum of 2% by weight of the total mix, or 20 grams/kilo of total mix (Base and Liquids). Scales
with a minimum of 1gram increments should be used when adding pigments.
20 grams will produce a strong, saturated colour. However, for lighter colours you can simply reduce the addition rate
until the desired colour is achieved. Please be aware though, that Jesmonite Base is a natural material and, as
such, is subject to minor variation. As a result, you must be careful when making very pale objects
or when using the material without pigment.